Friday 31 October 2008

Featured Shop: BARBOSAART: The Art of Laura Barbosa

barbosaart.etsy.com



When I was a child, I loved painting. Unfortunately, I am weak in this. I cannot draw the image in my mind onto paper.
Laura creates great painting and sell them in various web sites include Etsy. My favorite is the painting on Chihuahua.


1. What is your shop name ?

BARBOSAART: The Art of Laura Barbosa


2. Can you introduce a little bit about yourself and what you make ?

On Etsy, I am offering my Original Acrylic Paintings that are hand painted, signed and copyrighted by me, the Artist, Laura Barbosa - AKA barbosaart. Each Artwork Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity(COA), Artist Biography and Monthly Promotion Flyer. All my Art is an original creation! I am a Full Time Artist living off my income obtained from selling my original work.

3. What is your shop URL ? barbosaart.etsy.com

4. When did you start selling handmade ?

When I was in high school. My first successful sale was a hand painted sweatshirt and from there I received more orders for custom t-shirts created from photos.

5. How did you start selling handmade ?

Just seemed to happen on its own. I have been selling hand painted t-shirts, sweatshirts, shoes and custom pet portraits ever since I can remember. I am now a full time artist and rely on my art sales to live.


6. Why do you like crafting ?

Because it is something that truly comes from the heart and soul. How wonderful is it to receive a custom painting or handmade item from a loved one or even ordering one for yourself? These are the kind of things people treasure forever...There is no substitute for a handmade, one of a kind gift!


7. What is your favorite product in your shop ?

I have alot of favorites because everything I create, I truly LOVE! But on the top of my list is "END OF THE AGES" & "BULLDOG IN A BOG"


8. Do you sell offline ? If yes, where ?

I tried selling offline but it actually cost so much more to rent a space and set up your products, that I would rather sell online.


9. Do you buy handmade ? What are your favorite stores ?

I LOVE HANDMADE GIFTS!!! I just joined ETSY but I would love to buy products from Studiomusings, Piddies, Lizardsjewerly, OMG I could go on forever. I truly think the Etsy Artists are the best at their crafts..better than anywhere I have ever been to or seen in my life!


10. Any interesting things about your shop you would like to share ?

I offer ***** FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ARTWORK TO USA AND CANADA ***** Plus I have a wonderful Original Painting that I must sacrifice due to Medical Bills...What an incredible piece. I really wanted to save it for my retirement, but with the economy of today..I have to sell all my originals....But as long as I sell them on ETSY, I will be happy because I know that whomever buys it will truly love it. I also OFFER **ALCHEMY**On occasion I take orders for Pet Portraits and Custom Made Artwork to match any decor. Email me to check my availability for custom work. If you are ordering something for the Holidays...PLEASE contact me ASAP so I can get your gift finished on time. If you are looking for something not listed in my etsy shop...email me what you may be looking for...I just may have it on another website and will list it on etsy just for you.

No comments: