Thursday 11 November 2010

Aromatherapy Recipe - stuffy nose

I have nose allergy, and it gets worse while the weather changes. I always have runny and stuffy nose in the morning and had the following blending which helps a lot:
  • Lemon (Citrus Limonium)
  • Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora)
  • Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
I apply the essential oils with Grapeseed as the base oil on my chest and neck. Sometimes may be right under my nose. However, please be reminded that Lemon is phototoxic. You may want to replace Lemon with Atlas Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), which I tried and it works well too.

Lemon, Ravintsara, Eucalyptus, Atlas Cedarwood are good essential oils for respiratory system. Lemon is refreshing and suitable to be used in the morning. Ravintsara and Atlas Cedarwood are my favorite essential oils for respiratory system as they work well on me. I like to inhale them if my nose is seriously stuffy. Eucalyptus is antiseptic and mucolytic and is well known for killing germs, respiratory problems. However, Eucalyptus has to be avoided if you have epilepsy and may be stimulating on children.

No comments: