Sunday 14 November 2010

Aromatherapy - Acne Scars

There are some acne scars on my forehead. They are some old scars which have stayed for more than a year. I have recently made myself a blend to lighten the scar. Besides, the oil is for moisturizing my sensitive skin in fall. Here is my blend:
  • Neroli (Citrus aurantium var. amara)
  • Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
  • Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
  • Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis)
  • Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
Neroli is my favorite oil. Apart from its uplifting characteristics, it's famous for scars healing.

I usually have acne on my forehead before menstruation. Tea Tree is antiseptic and is good for acne.

Geranium can regulate hormones inside our body, hence can also reduce acne before menstruation.

You may be able to find Evening primrose Oil tablets. Evening Primorse oil is rich in fatty acids (GLA) gamma-linolenic acid. It also regulates oestrogen, progestogen and prolactin. It is also anti-inflammatory and is good for treating eczema. Evening Primorse helps in rejuvenating process of your skin and hence I chose it as one of the base oil for this scars healing blend.

Jojoba is moisturizing and good for healing. Like Evening Primorse, it is anti-inflammatory and good for eczema.

I use this facial blend after washing my face each morning and night after cleaning. The scars have been lightened after 2 weeks.

No comments: